Christchurch Seminar: Saturday 8 October
Science and Faith day, in partnership with Theology House
9.30am – 3.30pm
Cost: None! Free!
Morning tea provided. BYO or cafe lunch.
Speakers and Discussion:
- Rev’d Canon Mere Wallace (Hui Amorangi Archdeacon) on pastoral ethics for the start of life
- Dr. Graeme Finlay (Auckland University): “What is life? A biological and theological reflection”
- Dr. Maja Whitaker (Laidlaw Lecturer): “Embodied Existence: Explanations and Implications”
- Dr. Nicola Hoggard-Creegan (NZCIS Director) on “Anthropology in Christian reflection on life”
- Dr. Philip Pattemore (Paediatrics Professor) on engaging Christian faith with evolution
10.15 Morning tea
2.45 Panel discussion
Speakers: Maja, Mere, Nicola, Graeme and Philip